Ace Mobile Fume Extractor #73-701
Designed for use on both the production floor and on job sites, the #73-701 fume extractor has enough power for heavy fumes but remains light enough to be moved around. Position it directly above your work area to avoid breathing in hazardous smoke and fumes. Ace does not recommend this fume extractor for plasma cutting or carbon arc gouging.
Welding Fumes Are Hazardous to Your Health
Exposure to welding fumes and gases is a serious health concern. Effects include eye, nose and throat irritation, dizziness and nausea. Prolonged exposure can cause permanent lung damage and cancers of the lung, larynx and urinary tract.
Welding without fume extractor puts you at risk of hexavalent chromium inhalation. Chromium is a component in stainless steel, nonferrous alloys, chromate coatings and some welding consumables. During the welding process, chromium is converted to its hexavalent state, Cr(VI). Hexavalent chromium fumes are highly toxic and can cause serious damage to the eyes, skin, nose, throat and lungs, as well as causing cancer.
Additionally, welding gases such as helium, argon and carbon dioxide displace oxygen in the air, which can lead to suffocation—especially when welding in confined spaces. Use of these gasses can also cause carbon monoxide to form, resulting in a serious asphyxiation risk.
Ace Mobile Fume Extractor #73-701 Specs:
- 800/950 cfm two speed extraction power
- 10 foot articulating extraction arm, fully self-supporting
- 95% efficiency main filter (MERV 15) included, along with high capacity pre filter
- HEPA filter available
- Easy access filter compartment
- Built in spark trap for fire safety
- Analog filter status gauge
- 5” durable swivel locking casters for easy mobility
- All steel cabinet with dual handles for easy lifting
- Powerful 1 HP, 120 VAC, single phase direct drive motor
- 200 pounds
- 59 dB @ 5 feet
- 5”L x 28.5”H x 26.5”w
- CSA listed for US and Canada
- Two Year limited warranty
- Made in USA (St. Louis, MO)