Hobart® MaxalMig 4043 Aluminum MIG Welding Wire #404303004, #404303504, #404304704
4043 filler metal is a popular aluminum/silicon filler alloy for general purpose welding applications.
- Moderate strength (28 ksi typical)
- Low melting temperature/high fluidity
- Low welding smut and discoloration
- Low ductility, formability, and lower toughness
- Moderate electrical conductivity and thermal conductivity
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Low shrinkage rate/reduced distortion
- Low hot cracking sensitivity in most applications
- Welding 6xxx alloys
- Automotive/motorcycle frames
- Sports products
- General repair and maintenance
|404303004||0.030 in (0.8 mm)||1 Lb (0.45 Kg) Plastic Spool|
|404303504||0.035 in (0.9 mm)||1 Lb (0.45 Kg) Plastic Spool|
|404304704||3/64 in (1.2 mm)||1 Lb (0.45 Kg) Plastic Spool|
Shop all our great Filler Metals and other quality Welding Machines and Accessories from Welders Supply.
Hobart® MaxalMig 4043 Aluminum 1lb Spool Video
Product Questions and Answers
Q - What shielding gas do you use with this? A - 100% Argon (Ar) or Argon/Helium mixtures, typical: GMAW - 35-50 cfh (14-24 l/min), GTAW 20-30 cfh (10-14 l/min).
Q - Can this be stored after the package has been opened? A - Hobart recommends it be stored in its original, intact packaging and in a dry, enclosed environment.