Tweco Gas Diffuser 51 Part #151011101 (Pack of 5)
The Tweco gas diffuser 51 is a great tool for any welder who needs to work close to the metal, usually between light and medium duty welding up to 180 amps. It is important to know the difference between recessed tips, flushed tips and protruding tips; recessed tips are used in higher temperatures or where the welder might touch the work, flush tips are used when shorter arc lengths are needed, and protruding tips are utilized when the welder needs to get into a tight welding joint. The only disadvantage coming with using a protruding piece is the chance of it arcing to the work piece and damaging the end part, resulting in shorter lifespan of the piece. Make Welders Supply your number one source for welding consumables and prolong the life of your welder!
Increase productivity with longer life front end consumables using Tweco® Spray Master MIG gun series with Eliminator front end consumables. Combined with all the advantages of the Spray Master, this new line of MIG guns helps the shop floor lower usage cost with improved operator appeal. Selecting the right nozzle for a welder’s preferred ‘nozzle to tip relationship’ on a MIG gun is generally based on the application and the welder’s daily welding routine.
- Recessed Tips are generally used for higher heat applications where longer electrical stick-out is required, or in cases where the nozzle may touch the work piece (tack, spot, and stitch).
- Flush Tips are generally used where a shorter electrical stick-out is used sometimes resulting in shorter/tighter arc lengths. This brings the tip closer to the work piece.
- Protruding Tips are generally used when welding open root pipe or any joint that requires the welder to get into a tight weld joint. However the down side to this is the chance of arcing the tip to the work piece, which could damage front end parts resulting in downtime needed to replace.
- Used in light to medium duty welding application up to 180 amperes
- Machined from 360 brass alloy bar stock to ensure consistent dimensional stability
- Designed to be used with thread on nozzle assemblies
- Easy identification - Part No. rolled stamped on the outside surface
- A machined thread is on the outside surface to allow the nozzle assemblies to thread over - holding the nozzle in place during the welding process
Browse Welders Supply’s full stock of Tweco products and welding machine accessories for sale.
|Process(es)||GMAW - Air-cooled|
|Material||360 Brass Alloy|
|Overall Length (in/mm)||1.990" (50,55mm)|
|Thread Size (Conductor Tube)||M10 x 1.5-6G|
|No. Gas Holes||4 - .094" (2,39mm)|
|Accepts Contact Tip||Standard 11|