ESAB 186i AC/DC Stick/TIG Welder #W1006301
Multi-Process, Stick & TIG welding system for a wide range of professional and hobbyist applications. Offering both AC and DC output for use with aluminum and non-ferrous alloys, this setup gives you crisp arcs and the ability to use indoors and outdoors. Backed by ESAB's great 3-year warranty for extra peace-of-mind.
- HF TIG (GTAW)
- Lift TIG (GTAW)
- STICK (SMAW)
- Aluminum Fabricators
- Training Institutions
- Maintenance & Repair
- On-Site & Portable Welding Applications
- Automotive, Boats & Trailers
- AC and DC output for aluminum and non-ferrous alloys, stainless, mild steel & chrome molys.
- AC Frequency: Adjustable frequency of the AC square wave when welding on aluminum for optimized set up.
- Wave Balance: Adjustable for optinmized penetration or cleaning action when welding on aluminum.
- Pulse: Changes the weld current from high to low at a specified frequency, reduces heat input on thin material.
- Preflow & Postflow: Enables independent control over shielding gas before and after the weld.
- Upslope / Downslope & Crater modes: Eliminates blow holes on starting and cracking at the end of the weld.
- Hot Start: Ensures consistent arc starting.
- HF Arc Start: Provides non-contact arc starting that elimates tungsten or material contamination.
- Lift TIG Start: Provides optimized TIG arc starting without the use of high frequency.
- Fixed Hot Start & Adjustable Arc Force Control for optimum Stick electrode performance.
- Digital Meters: Voltage and Amperage; Preview and Hold Capability for easy set up.
- Trigger Control: 4T (Latch) eliminates operator fatigue.
- Gas Purge: Ensures gas lines are purged at start of weld.
- Comprehensive Setup Chart: Weld set up guide for optimum welding performance over a wide range of materials.
- Remote Receptacle: Enables connection of remote control devices like a foot pedal and torch slide control
- Excellent Portability: Lightweight at 48.4 lbs
- Overload Protection: Shuts down the power source to protect the internal electrical components from overheating.
- Meets IP23S Standards: Suitable for outdoor use.
For more great values, view our large selection of Mig, Tig, and Stick welders.
- 200A / 18V @ 20% Duty Cycle
- 116A / 14.6V @ 60% Duty Cycle
- 90A / 13.6V @ 100% Duty Cycle
MAX. OPEN CIRCUIT VOLTAGE
- 70.3 VDC / 50 VAC
- 10 – 200 Amp
- 48.4 lb (22 kg)
Product Questions and Answers
How to Ground the Workpiece:
Locate a Suitable Ground.
Find a location to connect the workpiece to the earth in a safe place.
Connect to Workpiece.
Connect ground clamp to the workpiece.
Make Ground Connection.
Make direct connection from the workpiece to the earth by connecting the ground clamp to the suitable ground location.