ESAB Fabricator 186i AC/DC Stick/TIG Welder #W1006301
Multi-Process, Stick & TIG welding system for a wide range of professional and hobbyist applications. Offering both AC and DC output for use with aluminum and non-ferrous alloys, this setup gives you crisp arcs and the ability to use indoors and outdoors. Backed by ESAB's great 3-year warranty for extra peace-of-mind.
- HF TIG (GTAW)
- Lift TIG (GTAW)
- STICK (SMAW)
- Aluminum Fabricators
- Training Institutions
- Maintenance & Repair
- On-Site & Portable Welding Applications
- Automotive, Boats & Trailers
- AC and DC output for aluminum and non-ferrous alloys, stainless, mild steel & chrome molys.
- AC Frequency: Adjustable frequency of the AC square wave when welding on aluminum for optimized set up.
- Wave Balance: Adjustable for optinmized penetration or cleaning action when welding on aluminum.
- Pulse: Changes the weld current from high to low at a specified frequency, reduces heat input on thin material.
- Preflow & Postflow: Enables independent control over shielding gas before and after the weld.
- Upslope / Downslope & Crater modes: Eliminates blow holes on starting and cracking at the end of the weld.
- Hot Start: Ensures consistent arc starting.
- HF Arc Start: Provides non-contact arc starting that elimates tungsten or material contamination.
- Lift TIG Start: Provides optimized TIG arc starting without the use of high frequency.
- Fixed Hot Start & Adjustable Arc Force Control for optimum Stick electrode performance.
- Digital Meters: Voltage and Amperage; Preview and Hold Capability for easy set up.
- Trigger Control: 4T (Latch) eliminates operator fatigue.
- Gas Purge: Ensures gas lines are purged at start of weld.
- Comprehensive Setup Chart: Weld set up guide for optimum welding performance over a wide range of materials.
- Remote Receptacle: Enables connection of remote control devices like a foot pedal and torch slide control
- Excellent Portability: Lightweight at 48.4 lbs
- Overload Protection: Shuts down the power source to protect the internal electrical components from overheating.
- Meets IP23S Standards: Suitable for outdoor use.
For more great values, view our large selection of Mig, Tig, and Stick welders.
- 200A / 18V @ 20% Duty Cycle
- 116A / 14.6V @ 60% Duty Cycle
- 90A / 13.6V @ 100% Duty Cycle
MAX. OPEN CIRCUIT VOLTAGE
- 70.3 VDC / 50 VAC
- 10 – 200 Amp
- 48.4 lb (22 kg)
Product Questions and Answers
How to Ground the Workpiece:
- Locate a Suitable Ground.
Find a location to connect the workpiece to the earth in a safe place.
- Connect to Workpiece.
Connect ground clamp to the workpiece.
- Make Ground Connection.
Make direct connection from the workpiece to the earth by connecting the ground clamp to the suitable ground location.