Hobart Handler 140 Wire Feed Welder Part #500559
Hobart Handler MIG Welder #500559
The Handler® 140 MIG Welder offers maximum flexibility operating off of standard 115-volt household current. This MIG welder machine is great for the beginner to the more advanced welder. It is extremely versatile and perfect for the welder who wants to work on household repairs, auto body, and even heavier farm projects requiring extra power. This welder is very generous in its operating range, allowing you to weld thin gauge steel (24-ga.) up to 1/4in. steel plate. It's easy to set up and runs flux core steel, solid, and aluminum wire.
Works great for outdoors, as the flux core technology allows you to weld without shielding gas. It also comes with a gas hook-up and a dual gauge regulator for quick conversion to MIG welding (no additional kit required). The Hobart Handler 140 Welder very easily handles a wide range of solid mild steel or stainless to flux cored and aluminum wires with an amperage output range of 25 to 140 amp. The 5 positions tapped voltage control allows you to fine-tune your arc offering a smooth stable arc on all thicknesses. The Handler 140 MIG wire welder delivers industrial performance. It's built with an industrial cast aluminum drive system and heavy-duty work clamp.
Hobart Handler Welder Features:
- Welds 24 gauge up to 1/4 inch in steel
- Proven built-in wire feeder with quick-release drive roll lever
- Built-in contactor eases use and is an excellent safety feature which makes wire electrically "cold" when not welding.
- Four output voltage settings with wire feed tracking provide quick and easy adjustment for different materials and thicknesses.
- Easy access to polarity changeover includes storage holes for spare tips
- Dual groove drive rolls make it easy to switch from one wire size to another. One knurled groove and one smooth groove for .030-.035 in. (0.8-0.9 mm) wire.
- Self-resetting thermal overload and motor protection
Hobart Handler MIG Welder Comes complete with:
- Comfortable 10 ft. (3 m) H100S2-10 MIG welding gun
- Built-in gas valve
- Regulator and gas hose
- Power cord with plug
- 10 ft. (3 m) work cable with clamp
- Sample spool of .030 in. (0.8 mm) self-shielded flux-cored welding wire
- 8 in (203 mm) wire spool adapter
- Extra .030 in. (0.8 mm) contact tips
MaintenanceHobart Handler MIG Welder Applications:
- Auto Body
View our large selection of Mig, Tig, Stick, and Gas welders with the greatest values online.
500554 Hobart Handler 190 230V Wire Feed Mig Welder
500553 Hobart Handler 210MVP 115/230V Mig Welder with MultiVoltage Plug
500536 Hobart IronMan 230 230V Wire Feed Mig Welder
View literature of this machine:
This product replaces these legacy models:
Specifications for: Hobart Handler 140 Wire Feed Welder #500559
|MIG Welder Power||CV
|MIG Welder Processes||MIG (GMAW)
Flux Cored (FCAW)
|Material Thickness||Welds 24 gauge up to 1/4 inch|
Guide for Welders: The Hobart Handler 140 #500559
Read about the Benefits,Performance Data, & Control Panel of the Hobart Handler 140
Beginner and expert welders know the secret to welding is understanding the power tool they're working with. View the document below to learn about the details of the Hobart Handler 140:
If, while reading, you realize you have any questions about the Hobart Handler 140, contact the experts at Welders Supply! We're on standby with the information you need on your favorite welding machines.
Contact the knoweledgeable and expert staff at Welders Supply to answer questions you have about the best welding machines for sale today!
Hobart Handler 140 Wire Feed Welder Video
Product Questions and Answers
How to Install Gas Supply:
- Tie to Support.
Obtain gas cylinder and chain to running gear, wall, or other stationary support.
- Remove and Clean Cap.
Remove cap, stand to side of valve, and open valve slightly to clear dust and dirt. Close valve.
Install so that the face is vertical.
- Connect Hose.
Connect supplied gas hose between regulator gas hose connection and fitting on the rear.
- Set Flow Rate.
Set flow rate when gas is flowing through the welding power source and welding gun, open feedhead pressure to stop wire feed.