Miller CST 280 220-230/460-575 V, Dinse #907244
DISCONTINUED - This product has been replaced by Miller CST 282 907810
Miller designed the CST 280 for Stick and TIG welding pipe and plate in the construction industry, and it's exceptional performance with difficult E6010 electrodes has made it a standby on jobsites all over the world. Weighing in at just 41 lbs, this compact welder is easy to move around, but packs 280 amps for superior Stick performance on pipes up to 3/16” in diameter.
- Superior stick arc performance even on the difficult-to-run electrodes like E6010.
- Adaptive Hot Start™ for stick arc starts automatically increases the output amperage at the start of a weld should the start require it. Prevents the electrode from sticking.
- Lift-Arc™ start provides TIG arc starting without the use of high frequency.
- Simple voltage-changeover switch saves time when changing primary voltage.
- Input voltage can be changed without removal from inverter rack or removal of machine case.
- Portable in the shop or at the jobsite — at 41 pounds the CST 280 is easily moved from location to location.
- Remote amperage control provided through 14-pin receptacle on front of the machine. This permits use of standard remote amperage control devices.
- Fan-On-Demand™ cooling system operates only when needed, providing power efficiency and noise reduction.
- Six-foot power cable included.
- Rack mountable for protection, storage and transportation of multiple power sources while using a single primary power cable.
For the best prices on stick welding equipment, and welding machines shop Welders Supply online.
- Stick (SMAW)
- TIG (GTAW)
|Title||CST™ 280 220-230/460-575 V, Dinse|
High Purity Processing
Maintenance and Repair - Field Operations
Maintenance and Repair - In Plant
Pipe Fabrication / Construction
|Carbon Diameter||3/16 in (4.8 mm)|
|Input Voltage||460/480 V
|Input Phase||1- and 3-Phase|
|Input Hz||50 / 60 Hz|
|Max Open Circuit Voltage||77 VDC|
|Amperage Range||5 DC - 280 DC|
|Net Width||7.5 in|
|Net Height||13.5 in|
|Net Length||18 in|
|Net Weight||41 lbs|
|Warranty||Miller's True Blue Warranty|
|Weight:||43 Lb(s) 0 Oz|
Product Questions and Answers
How to make TIG Lift-Arc Connections:
- Connect work lead.
Connect work lead to positive weld output terminal.
- Connect TIG torch.
Connect TIG torch to negative weld output terminal.
- Open valve slightly.
Open valve slightly so gas flow blows dirt from valve. Close valve.
- Connect torch gas hose.
Connect torch gas hose to regulator/flowmeter.
- Open valve on torch.
Open valve on torch on torch before welding.
- Straight feed wire through MIG torch.
Straight feed wire through MIG torch.
Have a question about this product? Submit your question using the form below
People who bought this product were also interested in:
- Welding Machines
- Stick Welders
- Tig Welders
- Miller Welding
- Miller Welders
- Miller Stick Welders
- Miller Tig Welders
- Multi-Process Welders
- Arc Welders
- Industrial Welders
- Steel Welders
- Professionals Welders
- Free Welders Supply T-Shirt
- Miller Multi-Process Welders
- Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel
- 220V Single Phase
- 220V 3 Phase