Miller Dynasty 280 Dx (With Cps) Complete Pkg With Foot Control #951468
The Dynasty 280 DX provides operator-friendly, menu-driven features and is perfect for industrial manufacturing applications and heavy fabrication. For maximum capability — such as the high demands of precision fabrication — the Dynasty 280 DX offers full AC features, including advanced waveforms and wide ranges of balance and frequency.
- Pipe, tube, anodized aluminum
- Aluminum ship repair
- Aerospace industry
- Update and expand: Front panel memory card data port provides the ability to easily update software and expand product features.
- Pro-SetTM eliminates the guesswork when setting weld parameters. Use Pro-Set when you want the speed, convenience and confidence of preset controls. Simply select the feature and adjust until Pro-Set appears on the display.
- Sleep timer conserves electricity: This programmable feature will power down the machine if it sits idle for a specific time.
- Auto-line Power Management Technology Allows for any input voltage hookup (208 – 575 V) with no manual linking, providing convenience in any job setting. Ideal solution for dirty or unreliable power.
- Cooler Power Supply (CPS): An integrated 120-volt dedicated-use receptacle to power the CoolmateTM 1.3. The power switch on the Dynasty also activates the receptacle to help prevent torch failure.
- Blue LightningTM high-frequency (HF arc starter for non-contact arc initiation. Provides more consistent arc starts and greater reliability compared to traditional HF arc starters.
- Meter calibration allows digital meters to be calibrated for certification.
- Wind Tunnel TechnologyTM protects internal electrical components from airborne contaminates, extending the product life.
- Fan-On-DemandTM power source cooling system operates only when needed, reducing noise, energy use and the amount of contaminants pulled though the machine.
AC TIG Features
- Balance control provides adjustable oxide removal which is essential for creating the highest quality aluminum welds. DX models provide extended ranges.
- Frequency controls the width of the arc cone and can improve directional control of the arc.
- Advanced squarewave: fast freezing puddle, deep penetration and fast travel speeds.
- Soft squarewave: for a soft buttery arc with maximum puddle control and good wetting action.
- Sine wave: for customers that like a traditional arc. Quiet with good wetting.
- Triangular wave: reduces the heat input and is good on thin aluminum. Fast travel speeds.
DC TIG Features
Exceptionally smooth and precise arc for welding exotic materials.
AC/DC Stick Features
- DIG control allows the arc characteristics to be changed for specific applications and electrodes. Lower the DIG setting for smooth running electrodes like E7018 and increase the DIG setting for stiffer, more penetrating electrodes like E6010.
- Hot StartTM adaptive control provides positive arc starts without sticking.
- AC frequency control adds stability for smoother welds when AC Stick welding.
- Stick-Stuck detects if the electrode is stuck to the part and turns the welding output off to safely and easily remove the electrode. Menu selectable
Comes Complete With:
- Dynasty 280 DX power source with CPS
- 8 ft (2.4 m) primary cord
- Quick reference guide (English)
- Coolmate™ 1.3
- Coolant (4 one-gallon bottles of #043810)
- Small runner cart
- Remote foot control (#194 744)
- Weldcraft® W-280 (WP-280) torch kit (#300990)/li>
See all of our Miller welding machines or view our entire line of quality welding machines.
|Capabilities||AC/DC TIG/Stick – Aluminum, Magnesium, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel and Exotic Alloys|
|Material Thickness||0.004 in. – 3/8 in.|
|Input Power||208–575 V, 1-phase or 3-phase power|
|Amperage Range||1–280 A (DC) 2–280 A (AC)|
|Rated Output||200 A at 28 V, 60% duty cycle|
|Net Weight||52 lb. (23.6 kg)|
|Weight:||247 Lb(s) 0 Oz|