The Best Prices on the Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 58
The Cutmaster 58 is the most powerful 1/2 in. (12 mm) machine on the market today. This unit cuts through mild, stainless, or aluminum up to 1-1/8 in. (30 mm) thick. This powerful machine combines power with the well-known performance and features of the industry-leading 1Torch®.
The Cutmaster 58 features a classic design known for reliable operation in rugged conditions. Some of the features include:
- High-quality roll bar to protect the front and rear of the power supply and makes the unit easy to carry.
- A purge mode for clearing the gas line and setting gas pressure
- Three process modes: standard cutting mode, trigger latch mode (which allows the operator to release the trigger to prevent hand fatigue during longer cuts) and expanded metal mode (which instantly reignites the pilot arc while cutting expanded metals such as grates and chain link fences).
- 6.2 kW rated output, 50% Duty Cycle at 60A with automatic multi-voltage detection from 230-460V; built for portability and durability with the integral multi-handle design
- SL60QD 1Torch quick disconnect with ATC® (Advanced Torch Connector) allowing selective replacement of either the torch handle assembly or the torch leads, using the patented SureLok® technology also available as an RPT Torch
- 1/2 in. (12 mm) recommended cut capacity with greater than 1-1/8 in. (30 mm) maximum cut and 1/2 in. (12 mm) pierce rating
- Industry-leading 4-year warranty on the power supply and a 1-year warranty on torch
|Max Amperage Output - (Amps)||60|
|Rated Output Power - (Kw)||6.2|
|Recommended Cut - Inches (mm)||1/2 - " (12)|
|Max Cut - Inches (mm)||1 1/8 - " (30)|
|Pierce Rating - Inches (mm)||1/2 - " (12)|
|Input Voltage - (Volts, Phase, Hz)||208-230/460 V, 1/3 ph, 50/60 Hz
400 V, 3 ph, 50 Hz
600 V, 3 ph, 50/60 Hz
|Rated Duty Cycle
||40% @ 60A
60% @ 50A
100% @ 30A
|Amperage Draw||45 (230V, 1 Phase)
24 (230V, 3 Phase)
16 (460V, 3 Phase)
|Dimensions (L x W x H) Inches (mm)||24 x 12 x 15 (610 x 305 x 381)|
|Weight - lbs (kg)||43 (19.5)|
|Air Pressure - psi (bar)||75 (5.2)|
|Flow - Cfm (l/m)||6.7 (190)|
|Weight:||43 Lb(s) 0 Oz|
Product Questions and Answers
How to use hand torch for standoff cutting. :
- Hold torch properly.
The torch can be held in one hand or steadied with both hands. Position hand so you can press the Trigger on the torch handle. Hand can be positioned close to the torch head for maximum control or near the back end for maximum heat protection. Choose the most comfortable holding technique that allows good control and movement.
- Choose cutting method.
For edge starts, hold the torch perpendicular to the workpiece with the front of the tip on the edge of the workpiece at the point where the cut is to start. For standoff cutting, hold the torch 1/8 - 3/8 in (3-9 mm) from the workpiece.
- Start pilot arc.
Hold the torch away from your body and slide the trigger release toward the back of the torch handle while simultaneously squeezing the trigger. The pilot arc will start.
- Move torch to workpiece.
Bring the torch within transfer distance to the work. The main arc will transfer to the work and the pilot arc will shut OFF.
- Begin cutting.
Cut as usual. Simply release the trigger assembly to stop cutting.
- Use standoff guide.
For consistent standoff height from workpiece, install the standoff guide by sliding it onto the torch shield cup. Install with the legs at the sides of shield cup body to ensure good visibility of the cutting arc. When cutting, position the legs of the standoff guide against the workpiece.