Electrode elements take a beating, even during normal plasma cutting. Every time an arc is produced, the plasma cutter electrode element receives a huge surge, bringing it from cold to extremely hot. When powered, touching your Hypertherm Powermax 45 plasma cutter’s nozzle to metal completes the circuit, causing an intense spark and heating the gas until it becomes plasma.
Ionized plasma gas racing past the electrode is full of charged particles. The particles pull atoms away from the hot surface of the electrode. This normal wear and tear works on the emitting element, creating pits in the surface. If electrodes aren’t changed in time, there could be serious damage to the torch. The electrode could even burst inside the torch. Frequency of use is more important than the time you spend actually cutting. Frequent use is usually the cause of worn electrode elements. It’s best to frequently check the pit in the electrode element.
The Powermax 45 Electrode #220669 assures maximum effectiveness and durability. This 5 pack of electrodes from Welder Supply is specially engineered for the Hypertherm Powermax 45. View our plasma cutter consumables.
Shop other Hypertherm products, Plasma Cutting Machines, Accessories, Welding Helmets, Helmet Accessories, Gloves, Jackets, Aprons, Caps, and Pants.
Other Hypertherm electrodes available from Welders Supply include:
- Hypertherm PowerMax 30 Electrode #220478 (Pack of 5)
- Hypertherm PowerMax 45XP/65/85/105 Electrode #220842 (Pack of 5)
- Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air Electrode (Pack of 5) 420132
- Hypertherm HPR130XD & HPR260XD Consumables Mild Steel Electrode#220649
- Hypertherm HPR260XD Consumables Mild Steel Electrode (Pack of 5) 220435
- Hypertherm HyAccess Part #420408 Electrode
Compatible with the following plasma cutting machines: