Hypertherm Powermax65 SYNC, 200-600V 1/3 PH, CSA Plus & Serial Ports #083373
The Powermax65 SYNC™ is a next-generation professional-grade air plasma cutter that dramatically simplifies system operation for cutting and gouging up to 20 mm (3/4″). Featuring automated system process set-up via advanced RFID-enabled SmartSYNC™ torches and a revolutionary single-piece cartridge consumable that provides trackable utilization data. The Powermax65 SYNC maximizes productivity through reductions in downtime, optimized cut quality performance and streamlined consumable inventory management.
Shop SmartSYNC cartridges, a revolutionary new way to replace consumable parts with ease.
- The Powermax 65 SYNC Power Supply only (with CPC & serial ports)
- No torches, leads or consumables
System Information and Applications
- Drag cutting - For dragging the torch directly across the workpiece
- Fine feature cutting - For narrow kerf width with minimal dross and heat-affected zone
- Flush cutting - For cutting closer to base materials using a 45 degree
- Max control gouging - For precise metal removal, shallower gouge profiles and light metal washing
- Max removal gouging - For aggressive metal removal, deep gouge profiles, and extreme metal washing
- Mechanized cutting - For portable automation and table cutting
Benefits of Powermax65 SYNC
Easy to use
- Cartridges are easy to identify by process with clear laser marking and color coding to eliminate part mix-ups.
- RFID-enabled SmartSYNC™ torches and cartridges automatically set the correct amperage and operating mode, eliminating setup errors.
- End-of-life consumable detection eliminates the uncertainty of knowing when to change the cartridge.
- Less operator fatigue when using hand torches with our new flexible lead. The lead has the same robustness of our previous lead jacket material and will also be used on robotic torches.
Minimize operation costs
- Simplified system operation minimizes the time and costs spent on training and troubleshooting.
- Reductions to downtime during consumable change-outs and elimination of costs associated with premature disposal of consumable parts.
- Cartridge usage data provides valuable insights for improving cutting operations and consumable inventory management.
- Tackle a wide range of jobs with easily interchangeable torch styles and application specific cartridges for various types of cutting and gouging.
- Optimized cartridge consumable design provides up to twice the life for handheld cutting and improved quality over life in mechanized setups compared to standard consumables.
- Time-saving hand torch controls allow the operator to adjust the amperage on the fly, change cartridges and applications without returning to the power supply.
- SmartSYNC™ torches are engineered for rugged, industrial environments.
- SpringStart™ technology ensures consistent starting and a more reliable torch.
- Industry-leading reliability reduces production downtime.
Shop all Hypertherm Powermax SYNC plasma cutters, SmartSYNC torches and SmartSYNC consumables online at Welder Supply.
|Power Supply Only||With Handheld Torch||With Machine Torch|
|CPC & Serial Port||
|Recommended||20 mm (3/4")||500 mm/min (20 ipm)|
|25 mm (1")||250 mm/min (10 ipm)|
|Severance (hand cutting)||32 mm (1-1/4")||125 mm/min (5 ipm)|
|Pierce||16 mm (5/8")|
Maximum Removal Gouging
|Capacity||Metal Removal Rate||Groove Profile|
|Typical gouge||4.0 kg (8.8 Ibs.) per hour||2.9 mm D x 6.4 mm W (0.11" D x 0.25" W)|
|Input voltages||200–480 V, 1-PH, 50/60 Hz
200–600 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz
|Input Current||200/208/240/480 V,
1-PH 52/50/44/22 A @ 9 kW
3-PH 32/31/27/13/13 A @ 9 kW
|Output current||20 - 65 A|
|Rated output voltage||139 VDC|
|Duty cycle @ 40°C (104°F)||50% @ 65 A, 230 – 600 V, 1/3-PH
40% @ 65 A, 200 – 208 V, 1/3-PH
100% @ 46 A, 230 – 600 V, 1/3-PH
|Open circuit voltage (OCV)||295 VDC|
|Gas Supply||Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen|
|Recommended gas inlet
flow rate / pressure
|Cutting: 189 l/min (400 scfh; 6.7 scfm) @ 85 psi (5.9 bar)
Gouging: 450 scfh; 212 l/min (7.5 scfm) @ 70 psi (4.8 bar)
|Input power cable length||3 m (10')|
|Power supply type||Inverter - IGBT|
|Weight:||61 Lb(s) 0 Oz|
Hypertherm Powermax 65 SYNC PDFs
Product Questions and Answers
Have a question about this product? Submit your question using the form below
People who bought this product were also interested in:
- Plasma Cutters
- 3/4" Capacity Plasma Cutters
- Hypertherm Powermax Plasma Cutters: Powermax 30 XP, 45 XP, 65, 85, 105,125 dealer
- Auto Body Plasma Cutters
- Single Phase Plasma Cutters
- 3 Phase Plasma Cutters
- CNC Plasma Cutting Tables
- Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel
- 220V Single Phase
- 220V 3 Phase
- Hypertherm Powermax 65 SYNC
- Hypertherm Powermax SYNC
- Hypertherm Powermax 65 vs 65 SYNC