Powermax65 SYNC system, 200-600V 1/3-PH, CSA, 75 degree handheld torch, 15 deg hand torch, 7.6m (25') lead - 083347
The Powermax65 SYNC™ is a next-generation professional-grade air plasma cutter that dramatically simplifies system operation for cutting and gouging up to 20 mm (3/4″). Featuring automated system process set-up via advanced RFID-enabled SmartSYNC™ torches and a revolutionary single-piece cartridge consumable that provides trackable utilization data. The Powermax65 SYNC maximizes productivity through reductions in downtime, optimized cut quality performance and streamlined consumable inventory management.
Shop SmartSYNC cartridges, a revolutionary new way to replace consumable parts with ease.
- The Powermax 65 SYNC Power Supply (no CPC port)
- 15 degree torch
- 75 degree torch
- 50 ft lead
System Information and Applications
- Drag cutting - For dragging the torch directly across the workpiece
- Fine feature cutting - For narrow kerf width with minimal dross and heat-affected zone
- Flush cutting - For cutting closer to base materials using a 45 degree
- Max control gouging - For precise metal removal, shallower gouge profiles and light metal washing
- Max removal gouging - For aggressive metal removal, deep gouge profiles, and extreme metal washing
- Mechanized cutting - For portable automation and table cutting
Benefits of Powermax65 SYNC
Easy to use
- Cartridges are easy to identify by process with clear laser marking and color coding to eliminate part mix-ups.
- RFID-enabled SmartSYNC™ torches and cartridges automatically set the correct amperage and operating mode, eliminating setup errors.
- End-of-life consumable detection eliminates the uncertainty of knowing when to change the cartridge.
- Less operator fatigue when using hand torches with our new flexible lead. The lead has the same robustness of our previous lead jacket material and will also be used on robotic torches.
Minimize operation costs
- Simplified system operation minimizes the time and costs spent on training and troubleshooting.
- Reductions to downtime during consumable change-outs and elimination of costs associated with premature disposal of consumable parts.
- Cartridge usage data provides valuable insights for improving cutting operations and consumable inventory management.
- Tackle a wide range of jobs with easily interchangeable torch styles and application specific cartridges for various types of cutting and gouging.
- Optimized cartridge consumable design provides up to twice the life for handheld cutting and improved quality over life in mechanized setups compared to standard consumables.
- Time-saving hand torch controls allow the operator to adjust the amperage on the fly, change cartridges and applications without returning to the power supply.
- SmartSYNC™ torches are engineered for rugged, industrial environments.
- SpringStart™ technology ensures consistent starting and a more reliable torch.
- Industry-leading reliability reduces production downtime.
Shop all Hypertherm Powermax SYNC plasma cutters, SmartSYNC torches and SmartSYNC consumables online at Welder Supply.
All Hypertherm Powermax 65 SYNC Models
|Power Supply Only||With Handheld Torch||With Machine Torch|
|CPC & Serial Port|
|Recommended||20 mm (3/4")||500 mm/min (20 ipm)|
|25 mm (1")||250 mm/min (10 ipm)|
|Severance (hand cutting)||32 mm (1-1/4")||125 mm/min (5 ipm)|
|Pierce||16 mm (5/8")|
Maximum Removal Gouging
|Capacity||Metal Removal Rate||Groove Profile|
|Typical gouge||4.0 kg (8.8 Ibs.) per hour||2.9 mm D x 6.4 mm W (0.11" D x 0.25" W)|
|Input voltages||200–480 V, 1-PH, 50/60 Hz
200–600 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz
|Input Current||200/208/240/480 V,
1-PH 52/50/44/22 A @ 9 kW
3-PH 32/31/27/13/13 A @ 9 kW
|Output current||20 - 65 A|
|Rated output voltage||139 VDC|
|Duty cycle @ 40°C (104°F)||50% @ 65 A, 230 – 600 V, 1/3-PH
40% @ 65 A, 200 – 208 V, 1/3-PH
100% @ 46 A, 230 – 600 V, 1/3-PH
|Open circuit voltage (OCV)||295 VDC|
|Gas Supply||Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen|
|Recommended gas inlet
flow rate / pressure
|Cutting: 189 l/min (400 scfh; 6.7 scfm) @ 85 psi (5.9 bar)
Gouging: 450 scfh; 212 l/min (7.5 scfm) @ 70 psi (4.8 bar)
|Input power cable length||3 m (10')|
|Power supply type||Inverter - IGBT|
|Weight:||61 Lb(s) 0 Oz|
Hypertherm Powermax 65 SYNC PDFs
Product Questions and Answers
Q - Can I still purchase legacy Powermax65 plasma cutters? A - No, legacy Powermax65 systems have been discontinued by Hypertherm and new machines will not be produced.
Q - Does the Powermax65 SYNC qualify for any deals or rebates? A - Yes, Hypertherm offers a $300 rebate for all new Powermax65 SYNC machines.
Q - How can Welders Supply help reduce the cost of ownership for Powermax SYNC plasma cutters? A - Improper plasma cutter use can cost thousands in repairs and replacement costs. Welders Supply offers equipment safety training for employees and preventative maintenance & repair services to protect your investment. Through our vendor managed inventory (VMI) programs, you'll never face costly downtimes while you wait for new consumable parts to arrive.
Q - Which SmartSYNC consumables work with the Powermax65 #083347? A - Any 30A - 65A drag cutting, FineCut, max removal, max control gouging and FlashCut hand cutting comsumables. This machine will not work with mechanized torch consumables or with cartridges rated over 65A.
Q - Will the Powermax65 SYNC #083347 work with a CNC machine? A - No. Only Powermax65 SYNC units with CPC or serial ports will work with CNC machines.
Q - Will the Powermax65 SYNC #083347 work with legacy Powermax65 lead cables? A - No. Powermax65 SYNC machines only work with new SmartSYNC torches.
Have a question about this product? Submit your question using the form below
People who bought this product were also interested in:
- Plasma Cutters
- 3/4" Capacity Plasma Cutters
- Hypertherm Powermax Plasma Cutters: Powermax 30 XP, 45 XP, 65, 85, 105,125 dealer
- Single Phase Plasma Cutters
- 3 Phase Plasma Cutters
- 240v Plasma Cutters
- Powermax Hand Plasma Cutter Systems
- Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel
- 220V Single Phase
- 220V 3 Phase
- Hypertherm Powermax 65 SYNC
- Hypertherm Powermax SYNC
- Hypertherm Powermax 65 vs 65 SYNC