Powermax105 SYNC power supply, 200-600V 3-PH, CSA, plus CPC and serial ports - 059706
The Powermax105 SYNC™ is a next-generation, professional-grade air plasma cutter that dramatically simplifies system operation for cutting and gouging up to 32 mm (1-1/4″). Features automated system process set-up via advanced RFID-enabled SmartSYNC™ torches, and a revolutionary single-piece cartridge consumable that provides trackable utilization data. The Powermax105 SYNC maximizes productivity through reductions in downtime, optimized cut quality performance, and streamlined consumable inventory management.
Shop SmartSYNC cartridges, a revolutionary new way to replace consumable parts with ease.
- Powermax 105 SYNC power supply only (with CPC & serial ports)
- No torches or consumables
System Information and Applications
- Drag cutting - For dragging the torch directly across the workpiece
- Fine feature cutting - For narrow kerf width with minimal dross and heat-affected zone
- Flush cutting - For cutting closer to base materials using a 45 degree
- Max control gouging - For precise metal removal, shallower gouge profiles and light metal washing
- Max removal gouging - For aggressive metal removal, deep gouge profiles, and extreme metal washing
- Mechanized cutting - For portable automation and table cutting
Benefits of Powermax105 SYNC
Easy to use
- Cartridges are easy to identify by process with clear laser marking and color coding to eliminate part mix-ups.
- RFID-enabled SmartSYNC™ torches and cartridges automatically set the correct amperage and operating mode, eliminating setup errors.
- End-of-life consumable detection eliminates the uncertainty of knowing when to change the cartridge.
- Less operator fatigue when using hand torches with our new flexible lead. The lead has the same robustness of our previous lead jacket material and will also be used on robotic torches.
Minimize operation costs
- Simplified system operation minimizes the time and costs spent on training and troubleshooting.
- Reductions to downtime during consumable change-outs and elimination of costs associated with premature disposal of consumable parts.
- Cartridge usage data provides valuable insights for improving cutting operations and consumable inventory management.
- 3 color cartridges
- Tackle a wide range of jobs with easily interchangeable torch styles and application specific cartridges for various types of cutting and gouging.
- Optimized cartridge consumable design provides up to twice the life for handheld cutting and improved quality over life in mechanized setups compared to standard consumables.
- Time-saving hand torch controls allow the operator to adjust the amperage on the fly, change cartridges and applications without returning to the power supply.
- SmartSYNC™ torches are engineered for rugged, industrial environments.
- SpringStart™ technology ensures consistent starting and a more reliable torch.
- Industry-leading reliability reduces production downtime.
Shop all Hypertherm Powermax SYNC plasma cutters, SmartSYNC torches and SmartSYNC consumables online at Welder Supply.
All Hypertherm Powermax 105 SYNC Models
|Power Supply Only||With Handheld Torch||With Machine Torch|
|CPC & Serial Port||
|Recommended||32 mm (1-1/4")||500 mm/min (20 ipm)|
|38 mm (1-1/2")||250 mm/min (10 ipm)|
|Severance (hand cutting)||50 mm (2")||125 mm/min (5 ipm)|
|Pierce||22 mm (7/8")|
Maximum Removal Gouging
|Capacity||Metal Removal Rate||Groove Profile|
|Typical gouge||8.6 kg (19.1 Ibs.) per hour||6.6 mm D x 6.0 mm W (0.26" D x 0.24" W)|
|Input voltages||200–600 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz|
|Kilowatt output||16.8 kW|
|Input Current||200/208/240/480/600 V,
3-PH 58/56/49/25/22 A @ 16.8 kW
|Output current||30 - 105 A|
|Rated output voltage||160 VDC|
|Duty cycle @ 40°C (104°F)||70% @ 105 A, 240 V, 3-PH
80% @ 105 A, 480 - 600 V, 3-PH
100% @ 94 A, 480 - 600 V, 3-PH
100% @ 88 A, 240 V, 3-PH
|Open circuit voltage (OCV)||300 VDC|
|Gas Supply||Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen|
|Recommended gas inlet
flow rate / pressure
|Cutting: 260 l/min (550 scfh; 9.2 scfm) @ 90 psi (5.9 bar)
Gouging: 550 scfh; 260 l/min (9.2 scfm) @ 70 psi (4.8 bar)
|Input power cable length||3 m (10')|
|Power supply type||Inverter - IGBT|
|Weight:||95 Lb(s) 0 Oz|
Hypertherm Powermax 105 SYNC PDFs
Product Questions and Answers
Q - Can I still purchase legacy Powermax105 plasma cutters? A - No, legacy Powermax105 systems have been discontinued by Hypertherm and new machines will not be produced.
Q - Does the Powermax105 SYNC qualify for any deals or rebates? A - Yes, Hypertherm offers a $500 rebate for all new Powermax105 SYNC machines.
Q - How can Welders Supply help reduce the cost of ownership for Powermax SYNC plasma cutters? A - Improper plasma cutter use can cost thousands in repairs and replacement costs. Welders Supply offers equipment safety training for employees and preventative maintenance & repair services to protect your investment. Through our vendor managed inventory (VMI) programs, you'll never face costly downtimes while you wait for new consumable parts to arrive.
Q - Which SmartSYNC consumables work with the Powermax105 #059706? A - Any 30A - 105A drag cutting, FineCut, max removal, max control gouging and FlashCut hand cutting comsumables. Machanized consumables are compatible only while using a mechanized SmartSYNC torch.
Q - Will the Powermax105 SYNC #059706 work with a CNC machine? A - Yes! This Powermax105 SYNC unit is compatible with CNC machines through its CPC and serial port connections.
Q - Will the Powermax105 SYNC #059706 work with legacy Powermax105 lead cables? A - No. Powermax105 SYNC machines only work with new SmartSYNC torches.