Worldwide manufacturer shortages are impacting delivery times. Lead times are more variable than other websites imply. We are a top distributor for Hypertherm; nobody will get you this faster. Call 1-844-682-0205.
Hypertherm Powermax 125 Plasma Cutting Machine #059536
The Powermax 125 Plasma Cutter is a professional grade plasma cutting and gouging system for both handheld cutting (1.5") and mechanized piercing (1"). This is the most powerful plasma cutting system in the Powermax line. With 125 amps on deck, it can handle just about any cutting and gouging work.
Powermax 125 XP at a Glance:
Powermax 125 Plasma Cutter is tough and flexible
- It can handle even the toughest applications, able to sever 57 mm (2-1/4") thick metals at 125 mm/min (5 ipm).
- An array of superbly designed torches provides tremendous flexibility -- for hand cutting, portable automation, x-y table cutting, and robotic cutting and gouging.
- State-of-the-art technology automatically adjusts gas pressure for cutting mode and torch lead length.
- The Powermax 125 also senses electrode end-of-life, automatically shutting off power to the torch to prevent potential damage to the torch and the workpiece.
Powermax 125 Plasma Cutter is fast and long-lasting
- Productivity is unparalleled with cut speeds five times faster than oxyfuel on 12mm mild steel. It has 125 amps of power and a recommended hand cutting rating of 1.5.” With a 100% duty cycle, you’ll be able to truly maximize cutting time. Improved airflow allows for better cooling, improving the cut quality and extending consumables life by as much as four times longer than other systems with similar amperage.
Powermax 125 Plasma Cutter has patented torches
- This package (#059536) comes with an 85-degree Duramax hand torch and a 25 ft work cable.
- You can expand the system's versatility by adding other compatible Duramax torches, including machine torches for automated cutting.
- This setup includes the power supply with CPC port and voltage divider, so all you'll need to add for automated cutting is a machine torch.
Hypertherm Automated Machine Torches
- The Powermax 125 system Duramax™ Hyamp machine torches work with automated equipment for fast, reliable cutting and piercing work. These can be used for portable automation, x-y table cutting, and robotic cutting and gouging. The machine torches can be set up with universal mounting brackets.
Always check operating guides for recommended height, power, and speed adjustments. If you have questions, contact Welders Supply Company at 1-800-236-8825.
Cut Charts for Hypertherm Powermax125 Plasma Cutter for mild steel, stainless steel & aluminum.
- Hypertherm Powermax 30xp
- Hypertherm Powemax 45
- Hypertherm Powermax 65
- Hypertherm Powermax 85x
- Hypertherm Powermax 105
Browse all Hypertherm products or see our selection of plasma cutter consumable parts and plasma cutting machines available at Welders Supply.
Hypertherm Powermax 125 Specifications
|Input voltages||480/600 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz|
|Input current @ 21.9 kW||480/600 V, 31/24 A|
|Output current||30-125 A|
|Rated output voltage||175 VDC|
|Duty cycle @ 104° F (40° C)||100% @ 125 A, 480/600 V, 3-PH|
|Open circuit voltage (OCV)||320 VDC|
|Dimensions with handles||23.3" D; 10.8" W; 20.0" H|
|Weight w/ 25' torch||
400 V - 105.7 lbs
600 V - 104.7 lbs
|Gas supply||Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen|
|Recommended gas inlet flow rate/pressure||
Cutting: 260 l/min (550 scfh) @ 5.9 bar (85 psi)
Gouging: 212 l/min (450 scfh) @ 4.1 (60 psi)
|Input power cable length||10'|
|Power supply type||Inverter - IGBT|
|Engine drive requirement||40 kW for full 125 A output|
|Certifications||CSA-certified for use in the Americas and Asia, except China|
|Warranty||Power supplies have a 3-year warranty and torches a 1-year warranty|
|1 ¾”||10 ipm|
Severance (hand cutting)
|2 ¼”||5 ipm|
|*Pierce rating for handheld use or with automatic torch height control|
Metal removal rate
|Typical gouge||27.6 lbs/hr||0.17-0.31" D x 0.24-0.390" W|
|*Actual groove profile varies with torch angle, arc stretch, and technique|
- Hypertherm Powermax 125 059536 Operator Manual
- Hypertherm Powermax 125 059536 Service Manual
- Hypertherm Powermax 125 Plasma Cutter 059536 Product Brochure
- Cut Charts for Hypertherm Powermax125 Plasma Cutter for mild steel, stainless steel & aluminum.
- Additional Error Codes and Faults for Hypertherm Powermax 125
Product Questions and Answers
How to run a gas test:
- Display the service screen.
Display service screen by simultanueously pressing the automatic/manual and current/gas mode selectors for 2 seconds.
- Select gas test field.
Select the gas test field by pressing the current/gas mode selector until the asterisk is next to the "G.".
- Set the gas test field from 0 to 1.
Use the adjustment know to set gas test field from 0 to 1. If gas does not flow, call your Hypertherm distributor or authorized Hypertherm repair facility.
- Set gas test field back to 0.
Use the adjustment knob to set the gas test field back to 0.
- Connect TIG torch.
Connect TIG torch to electrode weld output terminal.
- Exit service screen.
Simultaneously press the automatic/manual and current/gas mode selectors to exit the service screen.
Have a question about this product? Submit your question using the form below
People who bought this product were also interested in:
- Plasma Cutters
- 1" Capacity Plasma Cutters
- Hypertherm Powermax Plasma Cutters: Powermax 30 XP, 45 XP, 65, 85, 105,125 dealer
- CNC Plasma Cutters
- Heavy Duty Plasma Cutters
- Hypertherm Powermax 125
- Powermax CNC Plasma Cutters
- Powermax Hand Plasma Cutter Systems
- Hypertherm Powermax 30 vs 45
- Hypertherm Powermax 30 vs 45XP
- Hypertherm Powermax 30XP vs 45
- Hypertherm Powermax 30XP vs 45XP
- Hypertherm Powermax 45 vs 125
- Hypertherm Powermax 45XP vs 125
- Hypertherm Powermax 65 vs 125
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 vs 125
- Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel