Limited Time Offer: Receive additional 1 year extended warranty on Powermax Systems purchased now through August 31, 2021 ($600 Value) – go to www.hypertherm.com/registration to register your product and enter promotion code “WARRANTY”
Bundle Options (check all that apply):
Terms and Conditions
- The system must have been purchased on or after January 1, 2021
- Promotion ends August 31, 2021
- Only valid for Powermax power supplies purchased in U.S. and Canada
- For full terms of the promotion please visit https://visit.hypertherm.com/extendedwarranty
Hypertherm Powermax 125 Plasma Cutter #059536
The Powermax 125 Plasma Cutter is a professional grade plasma cutting and gouging system for both handheld cutting (1.5") and mechanized piercing (1"). This is the most powerful plasma cutting system in the Powermax line. With 125 amps on deck, it can handle just about any cutting and gouging work.
|Severance (hand cutting)||2-1/4"||5
|Capacity||Metal Removal Rate||Groove Profile|
|Typical Gouge||27.6l bs/hr||0.17-0.31" D x 0.24-0.39" W|
Powermax 125 Plasma Cutter is tough and flexible
- It can handle even the toughest applications, able to sever 57 mm (2-1/4") thick metals at 125 mm/min (5
- An array of superbly designed torches provides tremendous flexibility -- for hand cutting, portable automation, x-y table cutting, and robotic cutting and gouging.
- State-of-the-art technology automatically adjusts gas pressure for cutting mode and torch lead length.
- The Powermax 125 also senses electrode end-of-life, automatically shutting off power to the torch to prevent potential damage to the torch and the workpiece.
Powermax 125 Plasma Cutter is fast and long-lasting
Productivity is unparalleled with cut speeds five times faster than oxyfuel on 12mm mild steel. It has 125 amps of power and a recommended hand cutting rating of 1.5.” With a 100% duty cycle, you’ll be able to truly maximize cutting time. Improved airflow allows for better cooling, improving the cut quality and extending consumables life by as much as four times longer than other systems with similar amperage.
Powermax 125 Plasma Cutter has patented torches
- This package (#059536) comes with an 85-degree Duramax hand torch and a 25 ft work cable.
- You can expand the system's versatility by adding other compatible Duramax torches, including machine torches for automated cutting.
- This setup includes the power supply with CPC port and voltage divider, so all you'll need to add for automated cutting is a machine torch.
Hypertherm Automated Machine Torches
The Powermax 125 system Duramax™ Hyamp machine torches work with automated equipment for fast, reliable cutting and piercing work. These can be used for portable automation, x-y table cutting, and robotic cutting and gouging. The machine torches can be set up with universal mounting brackets.
Always check operating guides for recommended height, power, and speed adjustments. If you have questions, contact Welders Supply Company at 1-800-236-8825.
- Hypertherm Powermax 30xp
- Hypertherm Powemax 45
- Hypertherm Powermax 65
- Hypertherm Powermax 85x
- Hypertherm Powermax 105
Browse all Hypertherm products or see our selection of plasma cutter consumable parts, Plasma cutting machines and Plasma cutting accessories available at Welders Supply.
|Input voltages||480/600 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz|
|Input current @ 21.9 kW||480/600 V, 31/24 A|
|Output current||30-125 A|
|Rated output voltage||175 VDC|
|Duty cycle @ 104° F (40° C)||100% @ 125 A, 480/600 V, 3-PH|
|Open circuit voltage (OCV)||320 VDC|
|Dimensions with handles||23.3" D; 10.8" W; 20.0" H|
|Weight w/ 25' torch||
400 V - 105.7 lbs
600 V - 104.7 lbs
|Gas supply||Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen|
Cutting: 260 l/min (550
Gouging: 212 l/min (450
|Input power cable length||10'|
|Power supply type||Inverter - IGBT|
|Engine drive requirement||40 kW for full 125 A output|
|Certifications||CSA-certified for use in the Americas and Asia, except China|
|Warranty||Power supplies have a 3-year warranty and torches a 1-year warranty|
Severance (hand cutting)
|*Pierce rating for handheld use or with automatic torch height control|
Metal removal rate
|Typical gouge||27.6 lbs/hr||0.17-0.31" D x 0.24-0.390" W|
|*Actual groove profile varies with torch angle, arc stretch, and technique|
Cut Charts for Hypertherm Powermax125 Plasma Cutter for mild steel, stainless steel & aluminum.
Hypertherm Powermax 125 Error Codes and Troubleshooting
Mastor F2 Plasma with Hypertherm Powermax 125
2-inch Steel Cut with Hypertherm Powermax 125
Product Questions and Answers
How to run a gas test:
- Display the service screen.
Display service screen by simultanueously pressing the automatic/manual and current/gas mode selectors for 2 seconds.
- Select gas test field.
Select the gas test field by pressing the current/gas mode selector until the asterisk is next to the "G.".
- Set the gas test field from 0 to 1.
Use the adjustment know to set gas test field from 0 to 1. If gas does not flow, call your Hypertherm distributor or authorized Hypertherm repair facility.
- Set gas test field back to 0.
Use the adjustment knob to set the gas test field back to 0.
- Connect TIG torch.
Connect TIG torch to electrode weld output terminal.
- Exit service screen.
Simultaneously press the automatic/manual and current/gas mode selectors to exit the service screen.