Worldwide manufacturer shortages are impacting delivery times. Lead times are more variable than other websites imply. We are a top distributor for Hypertherm; nobody will get you this faster. Call 1-844-682-0205.
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air Plasma Cutter #088097 with Built-in Compressor
Built-in air compressor—no need for shop air! Just plug it in and start cutting.
The Powermax 30 AIR is a plasma arc cutting system with an integrated air compressor. It will cut electrically conductive metals—such as mild steel, stainless steel, or aluminum—up to 10 mm (3/8 inches) thick and pierce thicknesses up to 6 mm (1/4 inch).
Generally, mechanized plasma torches create thermal plasma by harnessing direct current (DC) discharge. Although thermal plasma is most commonly generated using DC discharge, it can also be generated using alternating current (AC) or radiofrequency.
With the Powermax 30 Air, you're not limited to using shop air. You can take this lightweight, portable machine just about anywhere with a 120 or 240 plug and cut using the internal air compressor.
You want to make sure that your product works the way it should and Hypertherm Warranty can help you there. Be sure to register your Hypertherm Product.
Benefits of the Powermax 30 AIR:
- Internal air compressor lets you operate anywhere—maximum portability and ease of use
- Plugs into either a 120-volt or 240-volt outlet with the included plug adapters
- Lightweight, ergonomic hand torch reduces cramping and soreness
- Adding to its portability, it’s the lightest and smallest system in its class
Faster, more versatile
- High efficiency: fast cutting speeds and amazing cut quality reduces secondary operations
- Continuous pilot arc feature lets you quickly and easily cut rusted metal or metal grate without retriggering
- One tool for a variety of cutting functions - large range of metal thicknesses and types
Reliable, robust, and cost-effective
- Internal air compressor eliminates the unnecessary costs of external air compressors
- Rugged design withstands the elements
- High performance from Hypertherm, a trusted brand
The Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air comes with everything you need to get started. A complete set of consumables are pre-installed on the AIR T30 torch, including:
- Electrode (#420132)
- Swirl ring (#420133)
- Nozzle (#420134)
- Retaining cap (#420135)
- Deflector (#420399)
- Extra nozzle (#420134)
- Extra electrode (#420132)
- Carrying strap
- Quick setup card
- Operator’s, safety, and compliance manuals
With a 15-foot lead, the AIR T30 also includes a work clamp (with a 15-foot lead) and a 10-foot power cord, plus adapters for both 120-volt & 240-volt outlets.
Oxy-fuel welding and cutting for CNC efficiency
Oxy-fuel welding and cutting (also referred as oxyacetylene welding, oxy welding, or gas-welding) are processes that use fuel gases to burn pure oxygen to achieve high temperatures—allowing the user to weld and cut metals.
Plasma cutting and welding vs. oxy-fuel welding and cutting
The average cost of using a plasma torch is about 37% cheaper per foot, which, over time can save you a big chunk of change. In regions with high labor rates, such as the US, Canada, Europe, etc., it’s extremely important to achieve the highest efficiency possible to maximize your profit. Due to its ability to obtain a high-capacity and high-speed in fabrication operations, plasma torches are the clear-cut preference over oxy-fuel torches.
Oxy Fuel Cutting:
Why choose the Powermax 30 AIR plasma cutter?
Compare the Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air vs. 30 XP
Compare the Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air vs. Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster
Parts KitView Product
Swirl RingView Product
Protective CoverView Product
Shop other Hypertherm products, or browse Powermax 30 Air consumables and compatible torch.
|Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air #088097 Specifications|
|Input Voltages||120-240 V, 1-PH, 50/60 Hz|
|Input current @ 2.5 kW||120-240 V, 1-PH, 29-15 A|
|Output current||15-30 A|
|Rated output voltage||83 VDC|
|Duty cycle @ 104°F (40°C)||35%, 240 V, 20%, 120 V|
|Open circuit voltage (OCV)||256 VDC|
|Cuttable metals||Mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum|
|Cut capacity||3/8" (10 mm)|
|Input power cable length||10 ft|
|Power supply type||Inverter – insulated-gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) – 13.1’’H x 7.7’’W x 16.5’’D|
|Engine drive requirement||5.5 kW for full 30A output|
|Warranty||Power supplies: 3-year warranty; torches: 1-year warranty|
|Certifications Accepted in These Countries & Regions|
|CSA||North America||South America||Asia (except China)|
|CE||European Union||EFTA countries||Serbia|
|CU / GOST||Russia||Belarus||Kazakhstan|
* Includes countries or regions where the certification is also accepted
|Weight:||29 Lb(s) 13 Oz|
- Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air #088097 Operators Manual/Guide
- Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air #088097 Brochure
- Error Codes and Troubleshooting for the Powermax 30 Air Plasma Cutter
Product Questions and Answers
Have a question about this product? Submit your question using the form below
People who bought this product were also interested in:
- Plasma Cutters
- 3/8" Capacity Plasma Cutters
- Hypertherm Powermax Plasma Cutters: Powermax 30 XP, 45 XP, 65, 85, 105,125 dealer
- Portable Plasma Cutters
- Plasma Cutters for Art
- Auto Body Plasma Cutters
- Home Use Plasma Cutters
- Hobbyist Plasma Cutters
- Beginner Plasma Cutters
- Small Shop Plasma Cutters
- Single Phase Plasma Cutters
- With Built In Compressor
- 110v Plasma Cutters
- 240v Plasma Cutters
- Dual Voltage Plasma Cutters
- Light Duty Plasma Cutters
- Hypertherm Powermax 30XP/30Air
- Powermax Hand Plasma Cutter Systems
- Portable Hypertherm Plasma Cutters
- 220V Single Phase
- Best Hypertherm Plasma Cutters for the Money