Hypertherm Portable Plasma Cutters
Our most popular portable Hypertherm plasma cutters include:
Highly portable Hypertherm plasma cutting systems provides high-power capability for thick metal cutting, and also enables detailed, thin metal cutting.
Hypertherm Plasma Cutter Features and Benefits
Cut metal quickly and cleanly
Plasma is created when gas is ionized by electrical energy. In Powermax systems, its intense heat (up to 22,000° C) is used to melt metal. Compressed air or nitrogen blows the molten metal away, leaving a clean edge that’s ready to weld in most cases.
Cut or gouge any electrically conductive metal
Whether in a shop, factory, at home, or in the field, Powermax systems cut and gouge all metal types and forms. Most Powermax models are available with a handheld or machine torch exactly tailored to your application.
- Best performance in its class
- State-of-the-art consumable technology delivers faster speeds and better cut quality to help you get more done in less time
- High portability, simple controls and a stable plasma arc make Powermax systems easy to operate, even for beginners
- Long consumable life and fast cut speeds lower your cutting and gouging costs
Powermax system requirements:
- AC power source (fixed or generator)
- Compressed air – shop air, portable air compressor, or bottled air (nitrogen is often used for stainless steel) – no explosive oxyfuel! (excluding Powermax30 AIR system)
- Safety equipment – including shaded glasses or face shield, gloves, protective clothing
- Proper ventilation