Limited Time Offer: Receive additional 1 year extended warranty on Powermax Systems purchased now through August 31, 2021 ($600 Value) – go to www.hypertherm.com/registration to register your product and enter promotion code “WARRANTY”
Bundle Options (check all that apply):
Terms and Conditions
- The system must have been purchased on or after January 1, 2021
- Promotion ends August 31, 2021
- Only valid for Powermax power supplies purchased in U.S. and Canada
- For full terms of the promotion please visit https://visit.hypertherm.com/extendedwarranty
Hypertherm Powermax 85 Mechanized Plasma Cutter #087132
The Powermax 85 cuts faster, cuts with higher quality, and delivers longer consumable life than any comparable 85 amp plasma cutter. It's a great machine for 1" cutting, and with an array of Duramax torches that fit, you’ll enjoy excellent versatility for X-Y table, portable automation cutting, or handheld cutting. Long-lasting consumables plus faster, more accurate cutting means higher productivity and lower operating costs. This package (#087132) includes:
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 power supply
- Hypertherm H85 180-degree machine torch
- 25' work cable with clamp
- CPC port
Compare the Hypertherm Powermax 85 vs 30xp, 45, 65, 105 and 125.
Hypertherm Powermax 85 Mechanized Plasma Cutter #087132: Gives You All You Need
Hypertherm Duramax™ series machine torches can cut, pierce, and gouge with automated and semi-automated systems. Torches can be attached with a universal mounting bracket. The Powermax 85 can then be connected with CNC and THC machines for remote operation.
Hypertherm Powermax 85 Mechanized Plasma Cutter At A Glance:
- Cut capacity on mild steel or aluminum is recommended at 1" (25 mm) with a maximum up to 1.25" (32 mm).
- Severance is up to 1.5" (38 mm).
- Mechanized pierce capacity is 5/8" (16 mm).
- Smart Sense™ technology adjusts gas pressure automatically depending on the type of cutting and torch lead length.
- Boost Conditioner™ circuit improves performance from any power source.
- FastConnect™ torches, four work leads and Computer Numerical Control interface let you
maximizeversatility for either handheld and mechanized use.
- Simplified control panel with LCD screen.
- Duramax machine torches let you tackle a wide variety of mechanized applications. You can use X-Y tables, track systems, pipe or robotic cutting.
- Conical Flow™ nozzle boosts arc energy density for better-quality cutting and less dross.
- Shield cuts dross buildup for smoother, better drag cutting.
- Welding repair services
- Industrial equipment manufacturing and repair
- Commercial ship manufacturing and repair
- Farming and logging
- Metal Service Centers
- Metal Scrapping and dismantling
- Industrial construction
- Truck and trailer manufacturing and repair
- Vocational training
Shop Hypertherm parts and accessories:
- Hypertherm Powermax 65/85 Retaining Cap #220854
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 Nozzle #220816
- Hypertherm Powermax 65/85 Electrode #220842
- Hypertherm Powermax 65/85 Nozzle 45A # 220941
- Hypertherm Powermax 65/85 Swirl Ring #220857
- Hypertherm Air Filtration Kit #128647
- Hypertherm Powermax 65/85 Cover #127301
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 Consumable Spare Parts Kit #850890
HYPERTHERM Powermax 85 CONSUMABLES AND KITS
Shop all Hypertherm products and accessories or browse plasma cutting machines and plasma cutting consumables available online at Welders Supply.
- 087108 - With 25' Hand Torch
- 087109 - With 50' Hand Torch
- 087115 - With 25' Machine Torch, CPC, Voltage Divider, & Remote On/Off
- 087135 - With Machine & Hand Torches, CPC, Voltage Divider, & Remote On/Off
- 087144 - With 75° & 15° Hand Torches, CPC & Voltage Divider
View all Hypertherm Powermax Plasma Cutters
Hypertherm Powermax 85 Error Codes and Troubleshooting
View literature of this machine:
Hypertherm Powermax 85 Plasma Cutter
Product Questions and Answers
How to pierce a workpiece:
- Stabilize workpiece.
Attach clamp to workpiece.
- Align Torch.
Hold torch at 30° and within 1/16”.
- Begin arc.
Fire torch and rotate to 90°.
- Piece workpiece.
Hold torch in place until sparks come out the other side indicating workpiece is pierced.
- Complete cut.
Drag nozzle lightly to complete the cut.
Have a question about this product? Submit your question using the form below
People who bought this product were also interested in:
- Plasma Cutting Machines
- 1" and Higher Capacity
- 3/4" Capacity
- Hypertherm Powermax Plasma Cutters: Powermax 30 XP, 45 XP, 65, 85, 105,125 dealer
- Small Shop Plasma Cutters
- Hypertherm Powermax 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 30 vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 30XP vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 45 vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 45XP vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 65 vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 vs 105
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 vs 125
- Black Friday - 50% Off Plasma Kit