Hypertherm Powermax 85 Mechanized Plasma Cutter #087132
The Powermax 85 cuts faster, cuts with higher quality, and delivers longer consumable life than any comparable 85 amp plasma cutter. It's a great machine for 1" cutting, and with an array of Duramax torches that fit, you’ll enjoy excellent versatility for X-Y table, portable automation cutting, or handheld cutting. Long-lasting consumables plus faster, more accurate cutting means higher productivity and lower operating costs. This package (#087132) includes:
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 power supply
- Hypertherm H85 180-degree machine torch
- 25' work cable with clamp
- CPC port
Compare the Hypertherm Powermax 85 vs 30xp, 45, 65, 105 and 125.
Hypertherm Powermax 85 Mechanized Plasma Cutter #087132: Gives You All You Need
This bundle includes the power supply, H85 machine torch and 25-foot cable, but fifty-foot cables are also available. There are additional Duramax torches you can add to your setup for greater versatility: a 75-degree hand torch, a 15-degree hand torch, and a 180-degree mini machine torch. Each is extremely well-designed and durable, with unsurpassed heat and impact resistance.
Hypertherm Duramax™ series machine torches can cut, pierce, and gouge with automated and semi-automated systems. Torches can be attached with a universal mounting bracket. The Powermax 85 can then be connected with CNC and THC machines for remote operation.
Hypertherm Powermax 85 Mechanized Plasma Cutter At A Glance:
- Cut capacity on mild steel or aluminum is recommended at 1" (25 mm) with a maximum up to 1.25" (32 mm).
- Severance is up to 1.5" (38 mm).
- Mechanized pierce capacity is 5/8" (16 mm).
- Smart Sense™ technology adjusts gas pressure automatically depending on the type of cutting and torch lead length.
- Boost Conditioner™ circuit improves performance from any power source.
- FastConnect™ torches, four work leads and Computer Numerical Control interface let you maximize versatility for either handheld and mechanized use.
- Simplified control panel with LCD screen.
- Duramax machine torches let you tackle a wide variety of mechanized applications. You can use X-Y tables, track systems, pipe or robotic cutting.
- Conical Flow™ nozzle boosts arc energy density for better-quality cutting and less dross.
- Shield cuts dross buildup for smoother, better drag cutting.
- Welding repair services
- Industrial equipment manufacturing and repair
- Commercial ship manufacturing and repair
- Farming and logging
- Metal Service Centers
- Metal Scrapping and dismantling
- Industrial construction
- Truck and trailer manufacturing and repair
- Vocational training
Shop Hypertherm parts and accessories:
- Hypertherm Powermax 65/85 Retaining Cap #220854
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 Nozzle #220816
- Hypertherm Powermax 65/85 Electrode #220842
- Hypertherm Powermax 65/85 Nozzle 45A # 220941
- Hypertherm Powermax 65/85 Swirl Ring #220857
- Hypertherm Air Filtration Kit #128647
- Hypertherm Powermax 65/85 Cover #127301
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 Consumable Spare Parts Kit #850890
HYPERTHERM Powermax 85 CONSUMABLES AND KITS
Shop all Hypertherm products and accessories or browse plasma cutting machines and plasma cutting consumables available online at Welders Supply.
- 087108 - With 25' Hand Torch
- 087109 - With 50' Hand Torch
- 087115 - With 25' Machine Torch, CPC, Voltage Divider, & Remote On/Off
- 087135 - With Machine & Hand Torches, CPC, Voltage Divider, & Remote On/Off
- 087144 - With 75° & 15° Hand Torches, CPC & Voltage Divider
View all Hypertherm Powermax Plasma Cutters
|Input voltages||CSA||200 – 480 V, 1-PH, 50/60 Hz
200 – 600 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz
|CE||380/400 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz|
|Input Current @12.2 kW||CSA||200/208/240/480 V, 1-PH, 70/68/58/29 A
200/208/240/480/600 V, 3-PH, 42/40/35/18/17 A
|CE||380/400 V, 3-PH, 20.5/19.5 A|
|Output current||25 - 85 A|
|Rated output voltage||143 VDC|
|Duty cycle @ 40°C (104°F)||CSA||60% @ 85 A, 230 – 600 V, 3-PH
60% @ 85 A, 480 V, 1-PH
50% @ 85 A, 240 V, 1-PH
50% @ 85 A, 200 – 208 V, 3-PH
40% @ 85 A, 200 – 208 V, 1-PH
100% @ 66 A, 230 – 600 V, 1/3-PH
|CE||60% @ 85 A, 380/400 V, 3-PH
100% @ 66 A, 380/400 V, 3-PH
|Open circuit voltage (OCV)||CSA||305 VDC|
|Cuttable metals||Mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum|
|Dimensions with handles||500 mm (19.7") D; 234 mm (9.2") W; 455 mm (17.9") H|
|Weight with 7.6 m ( 25') torch||CSA||32 kg (71 lbs)|
|CE||28 kg (62 lbs)|
|Gas Supply||Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen|
|Recommended gas inlet
flow rate / pressure
|Cutting: 189 l/min (400 scfh, 6.7 scfm) @ 5.9 bar (85 psi)
Gouging: 212 l/min (450 scfh, 7.5 scfm) @ 4.8 bar (70 psi)
|Input power cable length||3 m (10')|
|Power supply type||Inverter - IGBT|
|Recommended||25 mm (1")||500 mm/min (20 ipm)|
|32 mm (1-1/4")||250 mm/min (10 ipm)|
|Severance (hand cutting)||38 mm (1-1/2")||125 mm/min (5 ipm)|
|Pierce *||20 mm (3/4")|
Hypertherm Powermax 85 Error Codes and Troubleshooting
View literature of this machine:
Product Questions and Answers
How to pierce a workpiece:
- Stabilize workpiece.
Attach clamp to workpiece.
- Align Torch.
Hold torch at 30° and within 1/16”.
- Begin arc.
Fire torch and rotate to 90°.
- Piece workpiece.
Hold torch in place until sparks come out the other side indicating workpiece is pierced.
- Complete cut.
Drag nozzle lightly to complete the cut.
Have a question about this product? Submit your question using the form below
People who bought this product were also interested in:
- Plasma Cutters
- 1" Capacity Plasma Cutters
- Hypertherm Powermax Plasma Cutters: Powermax 30 XP, 45 XP, 65, 85, 105,125 dealer
- Small Shop Plasma Cutters
- Single Phase Plasma Cutters
- 3 Phase Plasma Cutters
- 240v Plasma Cutters
- CNC Plasma Cutters
- Hypertherm Powermax 85
- Powermax CNC Plasma Cutters
- Hypertherm Powermax 30 vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 30XP vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 45 vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 45XP vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 65 vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 vs 105
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 vs 125
- Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel
- 220V Single Phase
- 220V 3 Phase
- Powermax 1100 (DISCONTINUED)
- Powermax 1250 (DISCONTINUED)