Limited Time Offer: Receive additional 1 year extended warranty on Powermax Systems purchased now through August 31, 2021 ($600 Value) – go to www.hypertherm.com/registration to register your product and enter promotion code “WARRANTY”
Bundle Options (check all that apply):
Terms and Conditions
- The system must have been purchased on or after January 1, 2021
- Promotion ends August 31, 2021
- Only valid for Powermax power supplies purchased in U.S. and Canada
- For full terms of the promotion please visit https://visit.hypertherm.com/extendedwarranty
Hypertherm Powermax 85 Handheld Plasma Cutter #087109
This Hypertherm Powermax 85 Hand cutting system (#087109) includes a 75-degree Duramax hand torch with a 50' lead. Built to perform under harsh conditions, and engineered for maximum versatility via a range of hand-held and machine torch options, the Powermax 85 plasma system maximizes productivity in the shop and on remote jobsites. With a recommended cut capacity of 1" and a max severance of 1 1/4", it provides serious cutting power. For the best pricing on Hypertherm Powermax 85 plasma cutter electrodes, nozzles, shield deflectors and other welding supplies, look to Welders Supply.
Key power supply advantages of Hypertherm Powermax 85
- Smart Sense™ technology automatically adjusts gas pressure according to cutting mode and torch lead length for optimal performance.
- Boost Conditioner™ circuit (on CSA models) improves performance on low-line voltage, motor generators, and fluctuating input power.
- FastConnect™ torches, optional CNC interface, and four work lead styles increase versatility for handheld and mechanized use.
- Simplified control panel with LCD screen for easy operation.
Key machine torch advantages of Hypertherm Powermax 85
- 15° and 75° Duramax™ series hand torches enable operators to easily select the right tool for the job. The handle is more heat resistant and survives high impact tests 5 times more than previous torches.
- Standard and short-barreled Duramax series machine torches allow a wide variety of mechanized applications with X-Y tables, track systems, pipe, and robotic cutting systems.
- Conical Flow™ nozzle increases arc energy density for superior cut quality with minimal dross.
- Patent-pending shield reduces dross buildup and enables smoother drag cutting for a better cut.
View a video of this machine:
Compare differences of Powermax 85 plasma cutter by Hypertherm vs 30xp, 45, 65, 105 and 125.
Shop all Hypertherm products and machine torches, or browse all plasma cutters at Welders Supply.
- 087108 - With 25' Hand Torch
- 087115 - With 25' Machine Torch, CPC, Voltage Divider, & Remote On/Off
- 087132 - With 25' Machine Torch
- 087135 - With Machine & Hand Torches, CPC, Voltage Divider, & Remote On/Off
- 087144 - With 75° & 15° Hand Torches, CPC & Voltage Divider
View all Hypertherm Powermax Plasma Cutters
Hypertherm Powermax 85 Error Codes and Troubleshooting
View literature of this machine:
Hypertherm Powermax 85 Plasma Cutter
Hypertherm Powermax 85 CNC cutting 1.25 inch steel
Product Questions and Answers
How to start a cut from the edge of a workpiece:
- Stabilize workpiece.
Attach clamp to workpiece.
- Align torch.
Hold torch nozzle perpendicular to workpiece.
- Begin arc.
Press trigger to start the arc.
- Initiate edge cut.
Pause at edge of workpiece until completely cut through.
- Complete cut.
Drag torch tip lightly across workpiece.
Have a question about this product? Submit your question using the form below
People who bought this product were also interested in:
- Plasma Cutting Machines
- 1" and Higher Capacity
- Hypertherm Powermax Plasma Cutters: Powermax 30 XP, 45 XP, 65, 85, 105,125 dealer
- Three Phase Plasma Cutters
- Hypertherm Powermax 85
- Hypertherm Powermax Hand Plasma Cutter Systems
- Hypertherm Powermax 30 vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 30XP vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 45 vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 45XP vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 65 vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 vs 105
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 vs 125
- Black Friday - 50% Off Plasma Kit