Experience the advantage of the Hypertherm Powermax 50ft Hand System #087109
Hypertherm Powermax 85 Handheld Plasma Cutter #087109
Introducing the Hypertherm Powermax 85 Hand cutting system (#087109) - the ultimate tool for professional welders and handymen. Built tough for rugged conditions, this system offers unparalleled versatility with a range of hand-held and machine torch options, maximizing productivity in any environment. With a recommended cut capacity of 1" and a max severance of 1 1/4", it packs serious cutting power.
Experience the convenience of Smart Sense™ technology, which automatically adjusts gas pressure for optimal performance based on cutting mode and torch lead length. The Boost Conditioner™ circuit ensures top-notch performance, even in low-line voltage, motor generator, and fluctuating power situations. Enjoy the flexibility provided by FastConnect™ torches, optional CNC interface, and multiple work lead styles for both handheld and mechanized use.
Choose between the 15° and 75° Duramax™ hand torches, engineered to withstand intense conditions and outlast previous torches five times over. For mechanized applications, the machine torches, including standard and short-barreled Duramax options, are perfect for a wide range of tasks.
With the Conical Flow™ nozzle and patent-pending shield, achieve superior cut quality with minimal dross and smoother drag cutting. Rest easy by registering your Hypertherm product to benefit from their warranty.
For unbeatable prices on Hypertherm Powermax 85 plasma cutter electrodes, nozzles, shield deflectors, and other welding supplies, Welders Supply is your trusted source. Get the job done right with the Hypertherm Powermax 85 Hand cutting system - your ultimate cutting solution.
Key power supply advantages of Hypertherm Powermax 85
- Smart Sense™ technology automatically adjusts gas pressure according to cutting mode and torch lead length for optimal performance.
- Boost Conditioner™ circuit (on CSA models) improves performance on low-line voltage, motor generators, and fluctuating input power.
- FastConnect™ torches, optional CNC interface, and four work lead styles increase versatility for handheld and mechanized use.
- Simplified control panel with LCD screen for easy operation.
Key machine torch advantages of Hypertherm Powermax 85
- 15° and 75° Duramax™ series hand torches enable operators to easily select the right tool for the job. The handle is more heat resistant and survives high impact tests 5 times more than previous torches.
- Standard and short-barreled Duramax series machine torches allow a wide variety of mechanized applications with X-Y tables, track systems, pipe, and robotic cutting systems.
- Conical Flow™ nozzle increases arc energy density for superior cut quality with minimal dross.
- Patent-pending shield reduces dross buildup and enables smoother drag cutting for a better cut.
View a video of this machine:
Compare differences of Powermax 85 plasma cutter by Hypertherm vs 30xp, 45, 65, 105 and 125.
Shop other Plasma Cutting Machines, Accessories, Welding Helmets, Helmet Accessories, Gloves, Jackets, Aprons, Caps, and Pants.
- 087108 - With 25' Hand Torch
- 087115 - With 25' Machine Torch, CPC, Voltage Divider, & Remote On/Off
- 087132 - With 25' Machine Torch
- 087135 - With Machine & Hand Torches, CPC, Voltage Divider, & Remote On/Off
- 087144 - With 75° & 15° Hand Torches, CPC & Voltage Divider
View all Hypertherm Powermax Plasma Cutters
|Input voltages||CSA||200 – 480 V, 1-PH, 50/60 Hz
200 – 600 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz
|CE||380/400 V, 3-PH, 50/60 Hz|
|Input Current @12.2 kW||CSA||200/208/240/480 V, 1-PH, 70/68/58/29 A
200/208/240/480/600 V, 3-PH, 42/40/35/18/17 A
|CE||380/400 V, 3-PH, 20.5/19.5 A|
|Output current||25 - 85 A|
|Rated output voltage||143 VDC|
|Cuttable metals||Mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum|
|Duty cycle @ 40°C (104°F)||CSA||60% @ 85 A, 230 – 600 V, 3-PH
60% @ 85 A, 480 V, 1-PH
50% @ 85 A, 240 V, 1-PH
50% @ 85 A, 200 – 208 V, 3-PH
40% @ 85 A, 200 – 208 V, 1-PH
100% @ 66 A, 230 – 600 V, 1/3-PH
|CE||60% @ 85 A, 380/400 V, 3-PH
100% @ 66 A, 380/400 V, 3-PH
|Open circuit voltage (OCV)||CSA||305 VDC|
|Dimensions with handles||500 mm (19.7") D; 234 mm (9.2") W; 455 mm (17.9") H|
|Weight with 7.6 m ( 25') torch||CSA||32 kg (71 lbs)|
|CE||28 kg (62 lbs)|
|Gas Supply||Clean, dry, oil-free air or nitrogen|
|Recommended gas inlet
flow rate / pressure
|Cutting: 189 l/min (400 scfh, 6.7 scfm) @ 5.9 bar (85 psi)
Gouging: 212 l/min (450 scfh, 7.5 scfm) @ 4.8 bar (70 psi)
|Input power cable length||3 m (10')|
|Power supply type||Inverter - IGBT|
Powermax system requirements:
- AC power source (fixed or generator)
- Compressed air – shop air, portable air compressor, or bottled air (nitrogen is often used for stainless steel) – no explosive oxyfuel (excluding Powermax30 AIR system)
- Safety equipment – including shaded glasses or face shield, gloves, protective clothing
|Recommended||25 mm (1")||500 mm/min (20 ipm)|
|32 mm (1-1/4")||250 mm/min (10 ipm)|
|Severance (hand cutting)||38 mm (1-1/2")||125 mm/min (5 ipm)|
|Pierce *||20 mm (3/4")|
Hypertherm Powermax 85 Error Codes and Troubleshooting
|Weight:||71 Lb(s) 0 Oz|
View literature of this machine:
Product Questions and Answers
How to start a cut from the edge of a workpiece:
- Stabilize workpiece.
Attach clamp to workpiece.
- Align torch.
Hold torch nozzle perpendicular to workpiece.
- Begin arc.
Press trigger to start the arc.
- Initiate edge cut.
Pause at edge of workpiece until completely cut through.
- Complete cut.
Drag torch tip lightly across workpiece.
Have a question about this product? Submit your question using the form below
People who bought this product were also interested in:
- Plasma Cutters
- 1" Capacity Plasma Cutters
- Hypertherm Powermax Plasma Cutters: Powermax 30 XP, 45 XP, 65, 85, 105,125 dealer
- Single Phase Plasma Cutters
- 3 Phase Plasma Cutters
- 240v Plasma Cutters
- Hypertherm Powermax 85
- Powermax Hand Plasma Cutter Systems
- Hypertherm Powermax 30 vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 30XP vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 45 vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 45XP vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 65 vs 85
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 vs 105
- Hypertherm Powermax 85 vs 125
- Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel
- 220V Single Phase
- 220V 3 Phase
- Powermax 1100 (DISCONTINUED)
- Powermax 1250 (DISCONTINUED)