Maxstar® 161 S #907709 120-240 V, Stick Package
Superior Portable Performance
With its compact design and proven reliability, the Maxstar 161 S shines as the ultimate Stick package available to welders today. At just 13 lbs this machine can be easily carried by the handle or shoulder strap to any location. This welder allows you to conveniently use any input voltage hookup (120-240 V) without manual linking—a handy solution to dirty or unreliable power.
- The remedy for difficult-to-strike electrodes: Miller’s Adaptive Hot Start™ technology means positive arc starts without sticking.
- Economize on electrodes with the Stick-Stuck feature: automatic detection of a stuck electrode and auto shutdown of the welding output for safe and easy removal.
- Built-in thermal overload protection defends against machine damage from blocked airflow or exceeding the duty cycle.
- Digital meter for precision control of welding amperage during preset and use.
Smart Design Keeps it Simple
Miller’s Maxstar 161 S features Fan-On-Demand™, an automatic as-needed cooling system for your power source. Noise, energy use, and machine contamination intake are all dramatically reduced. When the welding power source is not in use, the built-in Low OCV Stick design lowers the open circuit voltage to 12-16 volts, avoiding add-on voltage reducers completely. This machine has been power factor corrected so you’ll enjoy optimum performance and less interruption from breaker tripping.
Check out our impressive selection of stick welders offering you the best value you’ll find anywhere!
- 907709001 - Maxstar 161 S 120-240 V, X-Case Stick Package
Maxstar 161 S #907709 120-240 V, Stick Package Specifications:
|Input Voltage Options||110/115/120 V
|Input Hz Range||50 / 60 Hz|
|Maximum Open Current Voltage||48 VDC|
|Material Thickness||0.02 in. (0.5 mm) - .1875 in. (4.8 mm)|
|Welding Amperage Range||120 V: 20–90 A
240 V: 20–160 A
|Rated Welding Output||120 V: 60 A at 13.6 VDC, 100% duty cycle;
90 A at 15.2 VDC, 30% duty cycle
240 V: 110 A at 14.4 VDC, 100% duty cycle;
160 A at 16.4 VDC, 20% duty cycle
|Industrial Applications||Racing / Customizing / Restoring
DIY / Home Hobbyist
Farm and Ranch
Metal Art / Sculpting
Boat / Yacht
Education / Training
Heavy Equipment Manufacturing
High Purity Processing
|Package Includes||Maxstar® 161 S
6.5 ft. (2 m.) primary cords for 120 V and 240 V
13 ft. (4 m.) stick electrode holder with 25 mm. Dinse-style connector
10 ft. (3 m.) work clamp with 25 mm. Dinse-style connector
Adjustable handle/shoulder strap
|Net Width||5.6 in. (142 mm)|
|Net Height||10.3 in. (262 mm)|
|Net Length||13.5 in. (343 mm)|
|Net Weight||13 lb. (5.9 kg)|
|Warranty||3 years - Miller's True Blue Warranty|