Hypertherm Powermax CNC Plasma Cutters
Hypertherm Powermax CNC Plasma Cutters
Plasma cutting with a CNC cutting table is far more precise and efficient than cutting by hand. Setting up a Hypertherm Powermax plasma cutter for use on a cutting table will not only save you time and produce better results, but it will also extend the life of your consumables.
Ideally, you’ll need a CNC table with an automated torch that plugs into your plasma cutter. The Machine System versions of the Powermax45 XP and 65/85/105 SYNC all have a connector on the rear panel for an automated torch. Just be aware that you can’t have both an automated torch and a handheld torch connected when using a Hypertherm on a CNC table. For clean cuts, you’ll need single phase or three phase power for your machine.
Hypertherm makes a range of professional grade plasma cutters adaptable for automated cutting. With cut capacities ranging from 16mm (5/8”) to 57 mm (2 ¼”) at 125 A and the ability to cut (or gouge) any conductive metal, there’s a Powermax for just about any application.
Why choose Powermax?
- Best in class performance at every price point
- CNC interfaces and voltage dividers simplify setup and operation
- Optional FineCut consumables for less dross, narrower kerf and almost no heat-affected area on thinner plate
- Quick-disconnect torches for easy switching handheld torch
- Simple controls and a stable plasma arc
- Portable size makes them perfect for use on job sites as well as in the shop
Powermax line at a glance
Hypertherm Powermax30 XP and 30 AIR Plasma Cutters
Smallest, lightest system in its class. Built-in air compressor. Runs on 120 or 240 V power with included plug adapters.
Hypertherm Powermax45 XP Plasma Cutters
The most versatile portable ½” (12mm) plasma cutter on the market. CPC port only.
Hypertherm Powermax65 SYNC Plasma Cutters
Equipped with Hypertherm’s Smart Sense ™ technology for automatic adjustment of gas pressure. CPC port and Serial port.
Hypertherm Powermax85 SYNC Plasma Cutters
With 85 amps there’s ample cutting power for mechanized plasma cutting. CPC port and Serial port.
Hypertherm Powermax105 SYNC Plasma Cutters
Rated at 105 amps, this is a great machine for use heavy-duty cutting with CNC tables. CPC port and Serial port.
Hypertherm Powermax 125 Plasma Cutters
Best 1.5” plasma cutting system on the market. 100% duty cycle makes short work of tough cutting and gouging work. CPC port, voltage divider and of/off remote included.
Two Options for CNC Plasma Cutting: CPC Ports vs Serial Ports
Powermax CNC Plasma Cutters with CPC Port
Some Hypertherm Powermax CNC plasma cutters come with a CPC (Connectorized Port Control) port, which allows you to connect and control additional devices, such as automatic gas consoles, torch height controls, and CNC interfaces. The CPC port uses a standardized wiring and communication protocol that simplifies the integration and compatibility of different components, reducing the risk of errors and downtime. With a CPC-enabled plasma cutter, you can improve your cutting efficiency, quality, and safety, by automating and optimizing your cutting process.
Powermax CNC Plasma Cutters with CPC and Serial Ports
Other Hypertherm Powermax CNC plasma cutters come with both a CPC port and a serial port, which offer even more flexibility and functionality. The serial port, also known as RS-232 or DB-9, is a standard communication interface that allows you to connect and control external devices, such as computers, printers, and PLCs. The serial port uses a simple and reliable protocol that can transmit data at a high speed, making it ideal for real-time monitoring and feedback. With a CPC and serial-enabled plasma cutter, you can customize and scale your cutting system according to your specific needs and goals.
The value of having a CPC and/or serial port in your Hypertherm Powermax CNC plasma cutter depends on your cutting requirements and setup. Here are some benefits and drawbacks of each port:
- Easy and standardized integration of additional devices
- Reduced wiring complexity and errors
- Improved cutting consistency and accuracy
- Enhanced safety and operator protection
- Limited compatibility with non-CPC devices
- Higher initial cost compared to non-CPC models
- Widely supported communication protocol
- High-speed data transmission and feedback
- Compatibility with various devices and software
- Potential for advanced automation and monitoring
- Higher complexity and setup requirements
- Potential for compatibility issues and errors
- Limited functionality without compatible devices or software
Best Prices on Hypertherm Powermax Plasma Cutters and Free Shipping Within the Continental US
Welders Supply has the best prices on Hypertherm Powermax machines and accessories, plus free shipping on all orders over $300.