3M Solus Kit, 1000-Series #S1101SGAF-KT
The 3M™ Solus™ 1000 Series Kit includes a pair of Blue and Black Solus safety glasses featuring clear lenses withScotchgard™ Anti-fog coating, an optional elastic strap, and a removable foam gasket. 3M™ Scotchgard™ Anti-Fog Technology brings higher anti-fog performance* to safety eyewear, helping workers see more clearly to complete on-the-job tasks. The elastic strap and removable foam gasket are optional accessories that may be attached or removed from the eyewear depending on the preferences of the person wearing the glasses. The strap fits comfortably around the backside of the head to help keep the glasses securely in place when being worn. The removable foam gasket is also included to help reduce eye exposure. Small vents in the foam gasket help reduce fogging. Other features include removable padded temples and a soft nose bridge for added comfort. All 3M™ Solus™ series safety eyewear come with polycarbonate lenses, which absorb 99% of UV rays. *Based on 3M internal testing per EN168 test method when compared to traditional anti-fog coatings.
The Science Behind 3M™ Scotchgard™ Anti-Fog Technology 3M™ Scotchgard™ Anti-Fog Technology brings higher anti-fog performance to safety eyewear, helping workers see more clearly to complete on-the-job tasks. Here is how the anti-fogging properties work. When microscopic water droplets land on lenses without any type of coating, they bead up and form condensation and fog, obscuring your vision. With 3M™ Scotchgard™ Anti-Fog Technology, the anti-fog coating produces a reduced-contact angle, flattening the water beads into a thin, transparent film of water that allows light to pass through. The 3M™ Scotchgard™ Anti-Fog Coating resists fogging longer than traditional anti-fog coatings, even after washing multiple times.
Protective Eyewear Made for the Rigors of the Job A fogged lens can be frustrating and dangerous. Removing eyewear to wipe away fog can expose eyes to potentially dangerous workplace impact hazards and debris. The Scotchgard™ Anti-Fog Coating resists fogging longer than traditional anti-fog coatings, even after washing multiple times. 3M™ Scotchgard™ Anti-Fog Coating with its active ingredient is bonded to the lens, which helps the eyewear last longer. The coating retains its effectiveness for at least 25 washings with water. The coating withstands disinfection with diluted bleach soaking or alcohol wipes without losing its anti-fog performance. The eyewear meets the requirements of ANSI Z87.1 and CSA Z94.3. Eyewear also comes with polycarbonate lenses that absorb 99.9% of UV rays.
Attractive Styling These safety glasses have a low profile, streamline look with black and blue accents on the frame.
3M™ Solus™ 1000 series protective eyewear features Scotchgard™ Anti-Fog lens coating which helps workers see clearly, longer – providing longer lasting fog resistance than traditional anti-fog coatings. Removable temples enable the use of the optional strap. Optional foam gasket helps reduce eye exposure. Available in several frame colors and lens tints.
- Scotchgard™ Anti-Fog Coating lasts longer than traditional anti-fog coatings, helping to increase eyewear performance in wet and steamy environments
- Workers may enjoy reliable, clearer sight longer, because the coating, with its active ingredient, is bonded to the lens
- The proprietary coating retains its effectiveness for at least 25 washings, allowing workers to wear their eyewear longer
- The coating withstands disinfection with diluted bleach soaking or alcohol wipes without losing its anti-fog performance
- Workers can feel confident wearing Scotchgard™ Anti-Fog coated eyewear because it meets the requirements of ANSI Z87.1 and CSA Z94.6
- Comfort Features Padded temples for added comfort, Dual-injected, Optional removable foam-lined gasket, Soft nosebridge for added comfort, Elastic Strap
- Eyewear Range Premium
- Frame Color Blue & Black
- Frame Material Polycarbonate
- Frame Style/Type Half-frame
- Lens Coating Anti-Fog
- Lens Color Clear
- Lens Marking Z87+
- Lens Material Polycarbonate
- Recommended Application Facility Maintenance, Sawing, Masonary, Grinding, Machining, Remediation, Sanding, Drilling, Demolition, Assembly, Cleaning
- Recommended Industry Transportation, Construction, Military Maintenance, Repair and Operation (MRO), Food and Beverage Manufacturing, Primary Metals, Metal Fabrication, Oil & Gas, General Manufacturing
- Size One Size Fits Most
- Standards/Approvals ANSI Z87.1
- Temple Color Blue & Black
- Temple Style Removable
- UV Protection Polycarbonate lenses absorb 99.9% of UV